Tappets Tappets Tappets - ATF?????

Hello All,

I have a 95 that is giving me "more than normal" noise from the tappets. Sometimes they are fairly quiet, and at other times they just won't "shut up" no matter how long the car idles.

Haven't taken it in to the dealer as yet, but a coworker suggests that I add some automatic transmission oil (1/2 to 1 Quart) the next time I change my oil.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Reply to
Andy

I don't think I would do that to my engine. ATF and motor oil are totally different fluids. It would probably cause more harm than good. In my opinion.

Reply to
BJsMX5