torqueing head

hi,

95 Mazda Miata

even with glasses, deciphering the "instructions" which came with my head gasket is difficult, so does this sound right?

torque to 22 43 58 back off 90 degrees re torque 58

run motor to fully open thermostat let cool 4 hours open the top of the expansion tank

back off 90 degrees re torque 58

tia, peter

Reply to
peter

For assembling the cylinder head the Mazda Workshop Manual (1990 & 1994) simply says: Tighten the cylinder head bolts in two or three steps in the order shown. Tightening torque: 76-81Nm / 56-60 ft-lbf. Your way does the same, just takes a little more time...

Jeroen Feelders Technical Commissioner Mazda MX-5 Club of the Netherlands

"peter" schreef in bericht news:GG2ll.1848$ snipped-for-privacy@flpi143.ffdc.sbc.com...

Reply to
Jeroen Feelders

Hi,

It was the backing off 90 degrees that really caught my attention...does that sound right and reasonable? these are the most difficult instructions I have seen in quite a while.

thanks, peter

Reply to
peter

I haven't seen this kind of instructions either. You could go their way, just to be sure... It only makes the process more secure.

Jeroen

"peter" schreef >> For assembling the cylinder head the Mazda Workshop Manual (1990 & 1994)

Reply to
Jeroen Feelders