Trunk rattle

I just had an odd problem that was easy to fix- thought I'd pass it along.

My 99 Miata began to produce a high-pitched, almost bell-like clanking from the trunk area, heard intermittantly on bumps. Nothing changed in the way the care drove.

I found the trunk lid torsion bars had come out of a plastic clip which holds them at the centerline. Reclipping the bars cured the problem.

I had recently carried some odd-shaped things in the trunk, and must have pushed the bars out the clip without noticing.

Joe Silver '99

Reply to
jchase