carfax Report anyone?

i have a miata i was interested in getting, but i'm curious about where it's been. anyone on here have an account that wouldnt mind checking a VIN for me??

Reply to
okaythen

sure, post the VIN.

Reply to
Tom Garrett

"okaythen" wrote in news:CIZlc.74137$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews3.bellsouth.net:

As 60 Minutes (or another news show) just did a segment on used car fraud. Totaled cars being rebuilt and sold as "used". Saw some of it and then before commerical they said "coming up" something about CarFax but I didn't see it. Didn't sound good though. "Buyer beware" kind of title to that segment. SO it may not be the sure fire check they would have us believe.

Reply to
MLB

Note: I also did not see the entire show. I noted the following from what I saw of it.

The point the news show made about CarFax was that CarFax doesn't have access to all the records in all the states. A clean report from CarFax means clean as far as CarFax could determine. Also, some used car dealers display graphics about providing CarFax histories while knowing the above.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

thanks alot! here it is JM1NA3536ROSO4833 the O's in ROSO may be Zero's, i can't tell its a 94 convertible 5speed 4cylinder if that helps at all.

Reply to
Harley

Use more than one source. While shopping for the "91 turbo I finally purchased, I found a '96 w/80K at a good price. Carfax gave it a clean record. Autocheck, OTOH, revealed an "airbag deployed" accident where the car had been run into an embankment. It's a tad more expensive, but when you're right down to the wire in making the purchase, use both! It was sure worth it in my case, and I've been totally happy with my purchase (both services showed clean records) since then.

DonB

Reply to
DonB

They are. And the S should be a 5.