Vroom-Vroom

Picked up Zigger from Coop's miata and I'm told I now have the first M1 (97) with the MP62 supercharger. I have just 300 miles on it now but the power increase is really something. Of course, now I need more track time and instruction but Thunderhill is just a few months away! I kept the original exhaust from the cat back so my car looks box stock on the outside. I'll check back later, right now I need to go for a drive...

Reply to
Usenet

Congrats. :) You may want to consider a roll bar if you plan track days.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Yaw-sure, that will be a "Sneeker" ! I had a look at that set-up just before "Coop" put it on your car. It looks like a nice clean set-up. Have fun with it !

Bruce RED '91 (Normandy Park WA)

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

Reply to
Usenet

Reply to
Steve Whisman

It probably depends on how tall your rump is. I guess the problem is minimizing the chances that your helmet hits the pavement, potentially breaking you neck. The helmet significantly reduces clearance.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

The problem with the Hard Bar is that it lacks any sort of rearward or diagonal support. Most tracks don't recognize it as a rollbar. They may not accept a Deuce, either, since it's so short and the hoops aren't connected above the rear shelf. Check with the track event's oranizers

*before* buying anything.
Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Thunderhill used to accept anything when I was there, but that may of course have changed.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

In 2003 when I went they would accept no bar your first two times. After that, they insisted on a bar sturdier than a hard bar. The deuce was acceptible to them. Other organizations are not so lenient, I hear., requiring bars that extend higher than your helmeted head. I doubt a bar that high would allow raising the top. Something I need in Seattle.

Reply to
Steve Whisman

They sure have changed. Is Ken Hill (?) still running it. When I went, we pretty much voluntary divided into experienced and novice. (I of course was novice.) Then someone from the "experienced" group rolled his Miata a few times. Without roll bar, IIRC. He really put the one corner of his windshield deep in the dirt. So they mixed the slow and fast groups together to slow things down.

Over at Sebring they used pace cars for the slow group, BTW.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Ken and Michelle were running it, but I think it is more and better organized now. There were several groups, divided by experience in about three levels. Were were strongly admonished that overly aggressive driving would get us booted immediately and they monitored us pretty closely. We had a few spinners but no damage.

Reply to
Steve Whisman