Just picked it up :)

The Escort is now in the garage, bit of a struggle but very satisfying, needs a damn good clean and some TLC but the engine is sooo quiet and smooth, not like a normal CVH, no tapping, and the turbo is really loud. It has a dump valve but that's coming off.

Looks like its going to be a busy summer stripping it down, cleaning it up and de rusting the little patches, there's about 6 small patches but otherwise it's very clean.

So I have now got 2 Turbo motors but the Escort is being SORN on Tuesday.

Ronny

Reply to
Ronny

all tucked up in bed

Reply to
Ronny

HAHA you're gonna have to move to essex now :)

Reply to
Vamp

Don't take the dump valve off, just replace it with a much quieter one, or I don't know if you can get a recirc type for the RS.. You need it to stop compressor stall and possible (though I've never seen it, just heard lots about) turbo damage, shattered blades etc.

Sounds like a nice motor.. well done ! Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Don't take it off - they're a required item for a Turbo charged engine.

If you don't like the noise, then replace it with a recirc setup (like modern Turbo engines (such as your Audi lump) come with as standard), or if you have to keep the atmo setup, then just fit a quiet valve.

Reply to
Nom

Did the escort have an atmo valve as standard???

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

It had *no* valve as standard !

Reply to
Nom

Ok I will leave it on, just thought it was a bit boy racerish, but then the car does have that image.

Reply to
Ronny

It is, and you should change it. I don't like tooting dump valves :)

But change it for something quiet - returning back to the factory setup of no valve at all, isn't a good idea.

Well, yes :)

Reply to
Nom