What happened to....

.... summer? Went out to make a lap around the block this evening and had to wear a heavy shirt??? Yesterday it was 94F, a little cold for me but tolerable, tonight it's 65F, I was afraid of encountering polar bears!

I may have to put the top up and fire up the heater in the Miata?

I don't have a heater in the hotrod, I just had to shiver!

The hotrod:

down, I have the black one so it'll show the dirt better...

Reply to
XS11E

"XS11E" wrote

It moved to Washington, DC. It is 76°F right now and will hit 82° tomorrow. Mornings are delightfully cool, however. The tops are down on both Miatas right now and may stay down for my wife's drive in to work tomorrow.

Sippin' bourbon (not driving) and enjoying the nice weather.......

Reply to
Ken Lyons

And it's on its way to Pennsylvania. The temp tomorrow is supposed to be over 85F.

Guess I won't be putting the top up yet. Or hauling the winter tires out of storage.

Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

Ummm, Ken, tomorrow is a holiday for most people in the DC area...

Top always down for us, until firts snow, when the hardtop goes on. Drove to Ft. Myer to play tennis yestaerday and today. Wish the pool was still open...

Calvados for us, watching football, baseball, and the time-delayed F1 from Japan. My wife is off tomorrow. 8;)

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

"pltrgyst" wrote

OK - rub it in. Working Fed holidays does make for nice commutes, even on my bike.

Reply to
Ken Lyons

Nightly lows still only going down to 70 or so. It's 77 right now and it's 9:30 pm. But the cold weather is coming. We nearly had frost last winter.

As a transplanted Canadian I only recently discovered bourbon. (Knob Hill? Knob Creek?) Whatever it was, it was excellent. It don't drink a lot of hard liquor but it was easily the equal of any of the Scotches I've had. I could go for one right now :-)

Reply to
Carbon