2000 protege

I own a 2000 protégé that will reach 50000 miles soon Do they require a timing belt change soon and what other issues come up with this car after this mileage? Should I look to get rid of it soon?

Reply to
Richard Austin

The timing belt is due for replacement at 60,000 miles. Along with the belt there are several other services due. Engine tune up, fluid changes, brake,steering and suspension inspection. It's a major service which (depending on where you live) costs approx $600.00. If you plan on keeping the car for a while its worth doing.

Reply to
dooker