2005 Tribute AWD question

I just purchased a 2005 Mazda Tribute S with all wheel drive. As you may already know the AWD system is computer controlled and active all the the time. I found the 10 amp fuse that controls the AWD system. I was thinking of pulling it out and running front wheel drive to extends the life of the AWD system.

I just wanted to know if you all think thats a good idea. Or could I be causing damage. Im thinking that fuse just cuts the power to the electric clutch. I did pull it out and every thing else works. So I decided no other system uses that fuse.

The only down side I found was the 4WD light blinking on the dash. But luckly for me the way I sit, I cant see it because of the steering wheel.

The reason I feel like its ok, is because it says in the manual that if the system over heats, the computer will disable it and run front wheel drive untill it cools down. But it never hurts to have a second opinion.

Thanks

Reply to
John Doe Jr