A car with a European feel

Hi all,

I am finally in a place in my life where I can buy a car I really like. The only cars that I've ever driven that are kinesthetically pleasing to me are European--BMWs, Mercedes, even a Volvo wagon and a Peugeot. I just much prefer the suspension, the feel of the steering, etc. I've never liked any American car as well, even high end ones.

I don't have much experience with the Asian imports. Do any of them have the "feel" of a European car? I'm just going to get out there and start test driving, but I'm interested in any hints. I want a good sized sedan with a low center of gravity--nothing resembling an SUV.

Thanks in advance,

Amanda

Reply to
Amanda Robin

Suggest visiting your local Infinity or Lexus dealers.. You wont find many Honda's or Mazda's that feel or drive like a European vehicle..... Good Luck!

Amanda Rob> Hi all,

Reply to
Tim Burr

the acura TSX is the european version of the accord. might be worth a look.

Reply to
SoCalMike

Honda will be as close as you can get. The Acura RSX S w/ 210 hp 2 ltr and a 6 spd is outstanding.

Reply to
TWW

Infiniti started out that way, but when Lexus beat their butts in the beginning with softer Buick-style cars, they went away from the European feel to try to compete.

Honda has always had much more of a driver's car; try the Acura line.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

These days, almost all the automakers have decent handling cars that are quiet and refined on the highway. The 'European' stigma may have meant something several years ago, but it's no biggie these days. I'd go for the best all round deal (which includes the cost of owning over the long term).

Pars

Reply to
Pars

lexus is an interesting line of vehicles. when the ls400 first came out, with it's pneumatic suspension, it had 3 different rides programmed, and then selected depending on the market it was to be sold in. euro, asian & "buick". it also had 3 different scents for the leather upholstry too, each based on what each group "expects" leather to smell like. apparently there's slight differences in the tanning processes used for leathers depending on continent, hence subtly different smells.

Reply to
jim beam

(no particular order)

Cadillac CTS-V (not sure if this is worthy) Chrysler 300 Hemi VW Phaeton (outside chance, but smaller than the rest listed here) Subaru Legacy GT Infiniti Q45/M45 Nissan Maxima (granted probably outclassed in comparison) Acura RL Lexus LS 430/GS 430

Reply to
Keith J

Why not test drive a Porsche Boxster? It certainly has a low COG, although I don't know if you're interested in a 2-seater.

Reply to
Sparky Singer

Subaru

Reply to