MAZDA3 SP23

Just started shopping around for my next car. I was convinced that once my

97 Subaru Outback Sport died, I'd get another Subie, as the full-time AWD comes in quite handy in Minnesota. But the Subaru isn't going to die anytime soon, and it'll make a great winter beater.

I wanted to go back to something a little more economical for daily driving, but wanted a higher level of sport and luxury than is offered by your standard Civic or Corolla.

Checking out the Mazda website tonight, I discovered the Mazda3 SP23, which looks pretty sweet. Heated seats, decent acceleration, Sirius availability, et cetera.

Any thoughts on this car? It seems to have pretty much everything I'm looking for at a reasonable price, but I have no experience with Mazdas beyond helping my sister opt for a new GLC 2-door hatchback in 1981. Great car, by the way. But I still liked my '82 Plymouth Champ (Twinstick tranny!) better.

ANYWAY...your thoughts on the SP23, please.

Thanks!

Reply to
DWJ