Sirius in Mazdas - how do i get this ??

Hi all,

I just bought a 2005 Mazda3. my factory-installed radio has the "SAT" button on the dash and apparently all I need is a couple of parts that hook up behind the head unit and, bang, after I start paying subscription fees, I have satellite radio. My problem is, the dealer seems to know next to nothing about how to hook me up with this, and I'll pay inflated prices even if he does figure it out, but i can't find any info online on how to get these parts, or even what the necessary parts are.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,

Eric

Reply to
Mac guy Eric

There is a Mazda satellite receiver, which has to be installed. Price is around $350 for parts, and god knows how much for labor.

Alexander.

Mac guy Eric wrote:

Reply to
Alex Pankratov 1889323031

The dealer quoted me $430 just a few weeks ago. Here are the Miata instructions for installing it. If parts are truly $350, it doesn't sound like the labor is too bad.

"Alex Pankratov 1889323031" wrote in message news:sc2dnfZH snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
BBB

Dude, where are you US or CAN. I just bought a 3 also and am in the same situation, but Im in Canada. The dealer is clueless. Does anyone know if SAT isnt offered in Can or is the dealers just dont have the info req to sell the thing ?

Reply to
Frank Garvin