Hand Brake

Hi

My 2002 Mazda 626 Emergency Brake does not work. WHen I park and pull up the handbrake, it won't stick. The brake comes right back down. I guess something is wrong after I drove over a big pot hole. I wonder what could go wrong with it. Does anyone know? Thanks for your input.

Reply to
DD

There is some sort of ratcheting mechanism in the lever...probably at the base. If you take the trim off of it and look it over, you will probably see something that is failing to engage or has broken off. My guess is that it didn't have anything to do with the pothole.

Ken

Reply to
KWS