Antique Mercedes knock-offs

I need to identify a set of Mercedes knock-off wheel mechanisms.I have looked through a few books about Mercedes and the only car shown that had this type was a race car,I think it was called 300SLR(?)from

1950s.Not sure about the model number.I obtained these from an elderly lady who couldn't remember where they came from.They are a set of four knock-offs,MINUS the wheels themselves.They have three spokes with a blue mercedes center.Then each has the backing that went behind the wheels. Is there a site that could help I.D. these? Could they have value to a collector or should I just toss 'em? Thanks to all
Reply to
Brian Orion

Brian,

If the backing you mentioned has the threaded snout that the knock off screws on to with the five lug bolt flange that fit the hub, they are most likely for aftermarket Zenith wire wheels from the 70s - 80s.

Gene

Gene