Re: !988 260E Bypass Hose Thermostat to cylinder

If you mean the one between the cylinder head and water pump..... you either have to remove the head or the water pump. I have seen butchered repairs where someone used a hacksaw and shortened the pipe coming out of the head!!! Then you can squeeze the new hose down thru the wider gap. But this is the WRONG way to do it. Total shade tree. That tube is not available separately. The repair to fix this butcher job is a new head.

Has anyone replaced theirs? Do I have to dismantle the entire thermostat > housing etc just to replace this leaky hose? Please respond by e-mail. > Thanks in advance. > > -Dan > > snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com > > >
Reply to
Karl