107 Neutral switch removal question

I need to replace the neutral/park safety switch on my tranny...can't start in Park anymore. Took a look at it today....Can somebody share the secret of how you get that thing off without dropping the transmission?

This is the metal version with integral backup light switch style...

Gary

Reply to
curmudgeon

sure it is the switch and not the linkage been a little sloppy or in need of a slight adjustment?

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man