Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Old A CLass - how are they to service?
I done a fair amount of my own servicing on various cars over the years. I'm not a pro. but have changed cyl heads/clutches etc. - but never worked on a Merc. I've seen an oldish A class 140 for sale...
2
2

ASR/ABS lights
The ASR and ABS lights on a C200 estate stay on after ignition. Cruise control no longer works. I am told this is likely to be one of the ABS detectors/Speed detectors on one of the four wheels. I...
3
3

power windows
hallo everybody! i recently bought a MB CLK 200 and had to replace battery after short term. now i noticed that power windows do not work very well, somebody told me there is a sort of "reset"...
3
3

'97 E 320 AC question
I have a 1997 E 320 with approx. 86,000 on the clock that's in great shape overall. The air conditioning blows cool at best when you're cruising on the highway, but gets pretty feeble when you get...
3
3

New Engine Running but Vacuum System Inoperative Please Help!
I just got my newly remanufactured engine from Metric Motors in my 1982 300 TDT and running. It runs great, and starts instantly (after waiting for the glow plug light to go out) like a gas car. But...
2
2

89 300E AC Problems
I have an 89 300E that blows nice, cold air through the air conditioning for about 20 minutes then it turns warm. If I let the car sit for about 30 minutes, I'll get cold air again. My mechanic seems...
29
29

Flat Emblem Star Replacement for 1977 300D
Does anyone make a flat emblem star replacement for a 1977 300D? I can only find later models.

Mercedes 300SD ignition switch stuck. Help removing.
About a month ago, the key on my 1984 300SD got stuck in the off position. I did my homework and got it to turn THAT LAST time (after about an hour of trying.) So I removed the tumbler and proceeded...
13
13

E320 STA WAG CARGO COVER
I HAVE A '98 E320 STA WAG THAT MY SON DECIDED TO PULL OUT THE CARGO COVER THAT HIDES ARTICLES LEFT IN THE REAR AREA. NOW IT WILL NOT RETRACT BACK IN. IT IS SUPPOSED TO WORK LIKE A WINDOW SHADE. ANYONE...

ML 430
How do I do reset the kilometers of the oil change in mercedes ml 430?

stereo and speakers
Where would I find the wiring diagram for the speakers? And yes, I do have the wheel next to the window switches. BTW, what stereo and front and back speakers did you put in?
6
6

Please help! 300SL-24v 1991
Anyone know how to get the remote door/boot opener working again?? Tried new batteries. Tried suggested sequence of unlock door - press remote to reactivate - still will not work. Can't see red light...

1982 240d
Any assistance would be appreciated. Driving down the highway, stated loosing power, car died, will not restart. Pulled pri. fuel filter, appeared ok, pulled glow plugs and all are working. BUT, the...
7
7

Thanks for your helpfulness
Good news, and thanks to all for your kind help... My 1990 420SEL has been repaired. The engine has had a major overhaul. Originally bought the car for US$5,000, put about $5,000 in repairs and...

1993 300D 2.5 Turbo Looking for Input *NEWBIE*
I am ready to finalize the deal on a 93 300D. Although the car looks fine and drives OK, I felt it is a little sluggish at initial pickup. Turbo does kick in. Car has 127,000 original miles. Also what...
5
5