power windows

hallo everybody! i recently bought a MB CLK 200 and had to replace battery after short term. now i noticed that power windows do not work very well, somebody told me there is a sort of "reset" procedure in such cases. can anybody help?

thanks in advance, buzz

Reply to
buzz

power the windows closed. hold the window swich in closed/up position for 5 secs (during which you should hear an oh-so-faint click). this should conclude the reset procedure.

Reply to
waltRmitty

This is normally called "normalisation". But the intention is to make the system aware of the closed and open positions and it "only" allows the "one touch" opening and closing. It would not make the windows otherwise "work better".

By the way, this can be found from the car manual.

Reply to
Anonymous

Thanks a lot guys! I tried yesterday and was successful! thanks again, buzz

Reply to
buzz