Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Coolant Change Dilemma
I just replaced the coolant in my 380sl with water by draining the radiator several times until the coolant was clear. My question now is how much antifreeze to add, so that it and the water remaining...
7
7

Fuel Smell - 1986 Mercedes 560SEL
I have a 1986 Mercedes 560SEL. recently it has started to give off a strong gas smell. I looked under the hood and could not find anything leaking. Is there somewhere else this can be coming from..Any...
5
5

E320 A/c Compresor Leak Followup?
Recently I asked this group for advise about my a/c on my e320 , (99 k mi) not functioning.just before a hot 1000 mile trip.. Local MbZ dealer insisted that my compressor was leaking and should be...
2
2

Rear space in a 1980ish 300D wagon?
Hello, How much space (length really) can you get in a 1980s vintage MB wagon (300d?). Does the third seat fold down flat or can it only be removed if you want the space for cargo. Also do the 2nd row...
2
2

W123 Dash Light Bulb #
This is in a 230CE but I am sure all w123's are the same. I need to replace the bulbs that are in the head light switch and the rotary knobs for the heating control. The automatic climate control...

will I regret getting a 420 SEC instead of a 560
Has anyone experienced the (euro) 420 SEC *and* (euro) 560 SEC? I am wondering how much difference there is between the two, in terms of a. performance b. handling c. interior toys/equipment d....
6
6

E320 Ignition key
I have a 1999 E320 wagon and one of the electronic keys has stopped working. It operates the remote locks just fine, but refuses to turn in the ignition slot. I've put in brand new batteries, but that...
1
1

heater controls
Hi, can anyone advise me on a problem I have with my van heater. I have a merc vito 108d 1998. The blower control works as does the temp control, but the vent direction control doesnt direct the air...

Current diesel fuel in the US has water?
Does anyone know whether the "new" low-sulfur diesel fuel contains much water i.e. is the use of a water absorbing additive still needed? I don't want to end up with another tankful of algae. TIA RF

Why no bluetech 4matic?
Anyone know if they are going to produce the E350 bluetech in a 4matic any time soon? That would be perfect for our needs (efficient, powerful and 4x4), but that combo is not available right now....
2
2

engine removal
1984 500 SEL. There is a oil leak somewhere under the car, looks like right where the transmission connects to the engine. Its all covered in oil. I dont know what it could be. I also have a bad motor...
5
5

Starter Motor
well, starters can be pesky .... as Lisa recently found. I'm also having difficulty with mine now. Replaced my solenoid (was not working) bench tested the starter and works great! .... Installed it in...
2
2

Radio and speakers
Well, I finally decided to replace my stock radio (Becker) and speakers. I went to and after all my searching I had to call them direct. I didn't call because I read here once the model radio and what...
8
8

Thank you
I just want to say thank you to Paul M. & Tiger. If it wasn't for Paul detailed instructions on removing and reinstalling my wiper motor I would have to use MB $$$ to install the wiper motor. Bill

C Class Windscreen Wiper Problem
Our 1996 Mercedes C 250 single arm wiper has intermittently over 4 years operated with difficulty. It struggles, almost stalls at two points across the windscreen - appear to coincide when the blade...
5
5