C Class Windscreen Wiper Problem

Our 1996 Mercedes C 250 single arm wiper has intermittently over 4 years operated with difficulty. It struggles, almost stalls at two points across
the windscreen - appear to coincide when the blade arm performs its cunning extention and withtraction trick.
If it were possible to dismantle to give something a drop of oil or smear of grease I imagine it would greatly relieve the problem. This problem is causing electrical load problems as I noted the steering wheel control stick was getting hot as well. Could it be a loose electrical connection causing the problem with nothing mechanically wrong with the wiper arm system? I understand the latter rarely give problems.
Any experience with this one greatly appreciated - thanks.
Yes, you need to get the wiper in middle position by flicking your ignition on and off. Pull off the cover and clean up the grease and relube it with grease... Should solve the problem.
Many,many thanks Tiger. This weekend the job will be done. Without some vital advice at the right time us amateur mechanics can create a bigger problem!
You reminded me that I need to do the same thing to my car... It kinda wipes a bit slow too.
Read this:
http://202tech.mkosonen.com/howto/wiper.html
Many thanks "Tiger" <tig and " -" <xvvvz@. Last weekend I flipped off the top small cover exposing the shaft. I used a small smear of vaseline on the main shaft only and the wiper instantly returned to smooth fast operation. I will in due course remove the larger cover as shown in your web site and make sure the other two slides are lubricated. Knowledge is not only a powerful thing but a hip pocket comforter! Cheers for now.