1974 240D Power Steering Pump parts

All -

I have a '74 240D that's shaken (not stirred) the upper mount of the Power Steering Pump off.

To clarify: The PS Pump sits in a cradle in the lower right (viewing from front) corner of the engine. There is a verticle "strap", called a Power Steering Pump Suspension Strap that's connected to the bottom of the PS Pump Cradle, and at the top mounts to a double-ended bolt to the engine block, just under the Fuel Pump mounting. The upper retaining nut backed off of the Suspension Strap (holding it to the engine block) due to vibration (gee, what a surprise). The result is a mangled mounting bolt and an elongated hole in this suspension strap piece that keeps the PS Pump from shimmying like your Aunt Kate.

My Mechanic (Franz - no kidding) says that I'd have better luck obtaining the suspension strap and retaining bolt from a used source, rather than trying to order from MB Classic. The couple of sources around the Metro Detroit area that I know of no longer carry pieces parts for 30 + year old MBs.

What I need: The mounting bolt for the PS Pump Suspension Strap is a threaded rod, with what appears to be a nut welded in the center. It also appears to be of two different diameters; the end that threads into the engine block is one size, and the outboard end that carries the Suspension Strap is of a different diameter. I need both this bolt (if I'm correctly identifiying it's name) and the PS Pump Suspension Strap itself.

Any thoughts/suggestions on where to quickly obtain such parts would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

- Bill Schmidt

Reply to
Bill Schmidt