1986 300E Added horspower

does any one know how i can put my benz on steroids? thanks jugghedd

Reply to
Stephen Phillips

Drop an E55 engine into it.

Reply to
Miro

buy steroid caps trow in gaz tanks

Reply to
Milano

Drop in a hemi.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Put in an OM603

Oh wait, thats torque. Never mind.

-Mike

Reply to
Mike "Rotor" Nowak

how much money do you want to spend?

For the same money to speed up that car you could purchase another that's going to be faster and actually look remotely sporty as well, unless of course, you have some pointless emotional attachment to the device.

Reply to
Uncle Chop Chop

Hey "Uncle Chop Chop"

Boy, you really got me thinking with that comment, so I just called my wife in and gave her the boot.

Shoulda done it year's ago.

Thanks,

Sammy

Reply to
~Aart

Port + polish the heads, multi-angle valve job, and a racing cam. Extrude-hone the intake manifold will help a bit also. Cam will run about $730 from

I won't try anything with the injection system except put new injectors in and make sure the system pressure is in spec. The Bosch CIS system is about as good as you will get unless you go completely custom ($$$).

The problem with a racing cam is idling. Replace your motor mounts and motor shocks with fresh ones if you go this route since it will shake with a rough idle.

Not much improvement on the exhaust can be done that will make a difference since it is not bad to start with.

For a little more $ take the other guys advise and look for a motor with electronics on EBay or from a salvage yard and get a lot more power than is ever possible from the 3.0L (unless you supercharge it). The E-Class owner's bible can be used as a reference for this type of swap. It will be a lot more work and isn't cheap. Be prepared to do some custom exhaust work if you go this route.

The other problem in putting more power in the motor is that it will shorten the life of the 300E's transmission. If you go the route of a bigger engine then be prepared to swap the transmission also. There is a downside here unless you go all out. Every 300E that I have had was problem free with the exception of the transmission.

Nathan Smith

Reply to
Nathan Smith

V8 motor won't fit the W124 without extensive modification to the frame and bodyshell. AMG did but not that easy. Mercedes-Benz had to make over thousand of changes to W124 bodyshell to accept 4- and 5-litre V8 motors.

Try Renntech and Brabus for >>does any one know how i can put my benz on steroids?

Reply to
Ennui Society

hahaha, pleased to of helped out.

Reply to