1992 300 2.5 Turbo Diesel

I am considering buying a 92 Mercedes 300 2.5 turbodiesel. Does this model/engine have the same reputation for durability, longevity, and fuel efficiency that other Mercedes diesels have?

Reply to
Tweakerdad

Yes.... it certainly does.

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks for the feedback Tiger. I'm up to 207,000 on my gas 300E now. Looking at the diesel w/ similar age but only 100,000 miles.

Reply to
Tweakerdad

I am wary of low mileage diesel... since you owned one for 207000 miles... you know what goes bad at 100,000 miles and so on...

Reply to
Tiger

I have a gas 300E and have learned that the for at leastthe 93 year that I have, 100K is about the time you're looking at replacing the radiator, starter motor, transmission, a/c compressor and expander. Does the same hold true for the diesel?

Reply to
Tweakerdad

What? This sounds completely insane to me. None of the above need to be replaced at 100K unless they are actually failing. All of these components could be as good as new depending on how the car was driven and maintained.

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Not true... radiator is about right... starter for my 84 380SE lasted for

202,000 miles before it went bad.... original.
Reply to
Tiger