1993 300E 3.2L ASR Light comes on goes into limp mode stalls

What can I look for?

TIA

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
GEARHEAD

First thing I would do is pull the codes... it is easy on your car... the square diagnostic terminal at the battery... there is a button and a light... I don't remember the exact procedure but you can find it on internet.

Once you get it going, it will blink the codes to you and write it down and decipher it.

Reply to
Tiger

Tiger thanks for the reply: I put the tires and wheels from my 1991 300e on this car which are all the same The ASR still comes on and goes into limp mode. I got some codes by pushing the button on the 16 pin box 5, 6, 12, 20,, 26. then cleared all codes ran the engine without driving and got a code 12 and no check engine light. At one time I built the black box code tester but I seem to have misplaced it. I have to search for it today and test drive and check codes again. Have any more sugestions?

Reply to
91_300E M/BENZ

Code 20 means no speed signal .. so you need to check each wheel to clean out the sensors. Do diagnostic check on the sensors.

If you still have the other car... which has the ASR... you can do a swap test or if you are more technically inclined, do the test on the sensors to determins which one is bad.

Reply to
Tiger