2000 C230 Ashtray Removal

Can someone tell me how to get the ashtray out of my 2000 C230 Kompressor? I need to install an additional 12v receptacle and my plan is to put it on the side of the console but I need to get the ashtray out to get at the cigarette lighter wires.

Thanks

Reply to
blevins.lee

Usually there is another slider by the cigarette lighter and will pop out the ashtray. To get the entire ashtray unit out, usually after you pop out the ashtray, you can see the screws.

I don't know about your model... so can't help much.

Reply to
Tiger