1997 E420 Sport - In Need of New Low Mileage Engine

I am trying to source a relatively low mileage engine for my

97 E420 sport. Timing chain broke on mine and caused extensive damage. I'd sooner replace existing engine than repairing it.
Reply to
torontobenzboy

oUCH!

May I ask what kind of mileage you had/have on the failed engine? Was it maintained according to specs? Were there (in retrospect) any indicators that might have led to an early diagnosis?

Reason for asking I have a '99 E430 (not the same but a very similar engine). I have only about 66K on it, but I am interested in getting the most I can out of the car. I like it very much.

Reply to
me