1997 S500 speed and lateral aceleration sensor

My 1997 MB S500 has been in the shop for two weeks. A new transmission in July 2006 locked into "limp home mode", second gear only. I am being told that the steering angle sensor won?t initailze and speed and lateral acceleration sensor is showing a short circuit. These sensors apparently won?t allow the transmission to function. Can anyone please give me some advice on this problem. Initial cost estimates for these two sensors are crazy, over $1,000 for the parts. Thanks

Reply to
GG

Has anyone simply tried to initialize everything by disconnecting the battery for ten minutes or so?

Reply to
Take A Guess

Not that I know of but I will give it a try. Thanks

"Take A Guess" wrote: > Has anyone simply tried to initialize everything by > disconnecting the > battery for ten minutes or so?

Reply to
GG