2004 M Class Leftovers

I was thinking about buying a 2005 ML350 and noticed that MB no longer offers free scheduled maintenance. This may not be a big deal (I don't plan on paying the dealer $300 for an oil change, fluid fills, wiper refills and a once over)

Anyway, I plan on visiting the dealer this Friday but I just had a thought - Does anyone know if free scheduled maintenance is still available with the

2004 models left on the lot?

And has anyone heard of discounts on the 2004's? My dealer is a list price place. If you don't like it you can drive 90 miles (and probably get the same).

RichieP

Reply to
RichieP

Free services are not really that big of a deal. They do as little as possible while they are paying. And yes they will be flexible on the price as long as you are reasonable.

good luck!

Reply to
BS

I have two 2004 models (S430 and E320) and scheduled maintenece is included.

As for discounts, the dealers usually begin discounting around July/August, depending on inventory and demand. Though you may find some now.

Thomas J. Paladino New York City

04 S430 04 E320 99 SLK320 95 S320
Reply to
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

Spoke to my dealer yesterday -

Offered a $2000 factory contribution (not a rebate) towards a 2004 plus 2.9% financing.

Only problem was the didn't offer me enough on my trade - $20K

2001 ML 320 36000 Miles Comfort Package Bose System Moonroof Very good condition (their words, not mine)

I checked the trade-in values online from Kelley ($21,465), Edmunds ($22,303) and NADA ($24,425). Considering the dealer has an identical (except for color) 2001 selling for $27800 I was hoping for a little more.

One interesting thing - the salesman mentioned an 18 month lease on a 2005 which at the end of, you trade the vehicle in for the redesigned 2006 model with little to no financial impact. I didn't ask for details since I didn't plan on consummating a deal based on their trade offer.

BTW, they called me several hours later to increase the trade in by $1000.

RichieP

Reply to
RichieP

Reply to