2005 C230K or 2006, which would you choose?

I'm considering purchasing my first MB and the local dealership has a great special going on until the end of August. I can get a new C230 Kompressor sedan with the sunroof package, 6-disk and manual transmission for $29,100 or go for an automatic for an extra $1400.

The question I have is the new 2006 C230K is either already out, or will be VERY soon, which will have a 2.5L V6 @201HP, vs the 2005's 1.8L V4 Supercharged at only @189HP.

Now obviously the 2006 isn't going to be only $29K, and will probably be more like $35 or $36K, so my question for all you veterans out there what would you do?

The other car I'm considering is the new VW Jetta GLI that just came out, a fully loaded one with automatic is around $28,500 MSRP, and they probably won't budge on that price being that they are new and in high demand.

Both cars are similar, the Mercedes and VW both have 10 airbags, the VW has paddle shifters the MB doesn't, but they both have 17" wheels and similar features, like leather, 3 stage antilock breaks, Enhanced stability control, similar size trunks, similar size back seats, yadda yadda...

Thanks in advance for the advice! Jay J

Reply to
Jay J

Personally I'd prefer the Merc any day.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

I have a 05 C230k and would not trade it for anything is also get about 24 mile for gallon of gas I also have the 6 speed man trans love this car

Reply to
mummer