my first MB: a 2005 C230K sedan...

Hi. I just want to tell in few words how happy I am now in the MB world. I have drove BMWs since 2001, you name it: 318i, 325i, X5 3.0d, a E39 525i and a E60 525i. Even tough I really loved my E60 525i car I didn't feel anything special while driving it, nothing exciting. The last time I drove a BMW that I could call exciting was the 325i. But you see, I just hate (in my country at least) how cheap the 3 series interior is. You have leatherette seats, no xenon lights, and after a while the interior becomes very dull. I always tought to myself whenever I saw a MB C class that MB was giving you more for the money because the interior was great. Anyway, as I didn't like at all the new 3 series and wanted to change, I bought last week a 2005 C class C230 Kompressor sedan. I don't know if it is only with this model (as it has 17" wheels and some other "sport" stuff) or is it with all C class models, but whenever I drive the C230K I feel like i'm in a sports cars, like in a luxury go cart. The feeling and sensations is just great, you have a very particular view of the street and for a moment one can swear you are in a sports cars on a competion. I didn't feel that even with the 3 series.

Am I crazy? It this how it is supposed to feel or is it just with this C230K models because of the 17" wheels or another thing I don't know?. Please excuse my ignorance but I never drove a MB before and I am so in love with this car!

I tought that the 17" wheels were going to be a nightmare and that my back was going to hurt a lot, but its not that bad and it's strange but in some bumps or irregular roads I even feel the suspension is not as harsh as the suspension of my former BMW E60 525i.

Any good/bad experience from other owners of C Class MB with the factory installed 17" wheels? 225 front and 245 rear.

Am I getting a wrong idea of MB cars?. Do the other C class cars feel somehow similar to mine (I mean, with regular 16" wheels not the sport sedan but luxury sedan) or completely different?

WOW, I never tought I could say, after all these years driving BMW (which I still respect and love): MERCEDES BENZ ROCKS!!!

Please excuse my english as it is not my native language. I'm 33 years old, and normally a serious person but I am like a child with a new toy with this car!

Regards,

Reply to
faive

Faive,

"...whenever I drive the C230K I feel like i'm in a sports cars, like in a luxury go cart. The feeling and sensations is just great, you have a very particular view of the street and for a moment one can swear you are in a sports cars on a competion. I didn't feel that even with the 3 series. "

You know, it's just a Mercedes... I own my 300E/91 since 2004, all day drive, and even being a 16 years old car, i have the same feeling.

Good look,

RSalles

faive wrote:

Reply to