2008 C Class Indicator fault or design feature?

According to Mercedes Banz and my Dealer the fault I have with my direction indicator control is NORMAL.

When going down an autoroute the Manual says that a light pressure on the direction indicator stalk will cause it to flash 3 times. Evidentely this isn't true. I complained that often it barely flashed at all causing confusion to other road users.

Mercedes reply is " Well that's the way it is!"

I hope the new E class doesn't have the same design feature. Anyone else had this problem?

Reply to
adamsmith

Yupp, that's true, and it does.

Why do you say that?

and how exactly does the blinker 'barely' flash?? you mean it flashes once or twice rather than three times? does it flash in a feeble way? If the former the electronics is faulty and if the latter you probably have a lousy ground connection somewhere

that's how what is?

works great for me, can't complain. It will keep your indicator lever 'click' part from wearing out over time

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

what is the mean-time-before-failure of the Mercedes "click part"? Or does it just rust?

Reply to
nihil