220D gas mileage

I've been looking into buying a older Benz as a daily driver... 1970-75(?) ..I like that bodystyle, 4dr etc.. how much gas mileage do they get? I wouldnt want a v8 as I'm looking for the most mpg...

-Alex

Reply to
AlexB

AlexB wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com:

The 220D was made from '68 to '73. It is capable of around 43mpg.

The 240D offers a much-needed increase in horsepower while achieving the same fuel economy.

You will want a manual tranny with either one of these.

Reply to
George Mann

As another data point, the big heavy turbocharged 300SD late 70's to

1980 gets about 25 MPG overall.
Reply to
trader4