2005 F250 5.4 L Gas Mileage

I am trying to decide if I should get a Toyota Tundra or an F-250. I like the F250 much better but with Gas prices as high as they are and probably getting higher soon. I'm concerned about the mileage of the F250. Although the Toyota is not that great it's about 14/19. I like the fact that the F250 is a lot more roomier and has more power.

Reply to
Elvis

A great man once told me....

"...if you have to ask the price, then you probably can't afford it..."

Reply to
Joe G

Thanks for the little perl of wisdom there Joe but it really doesn't answer my question.

Reply to
Elvis

I own an F250 6.8L V10, and I am perfectly happy with the truck, I have no complaints, I knew going into buying the truck that the gas mileage wasn't the greatest, however when I compared the 250 to other trucks the MPG was only 2 mpg different in most cases, however I was gaining alot in power and room. Prevoiusly i had a 99 Silverado with the 5.3 V* and barly made 15 mpg city driving. With my V10 i get 12.5 - 13.5, so the 5.4 V8 should be better then that. Actually should be the same or very close to the Tundra. My opinion as an F250 owner, you will be happier with the 250, regardless of the MPG, If the MPG is going to be the deciding factor then perhaps you should consider a smaller vehicle that is mileage friendly.

Thats my opinion

Reply to
TJ25012

I have no experience with the ride of the new coil frontend Super Duty and I imagine it is quite a bit better than the previous leaf spring model. That being said though, it is going to ride like a TRUCK while the Tundra will be a whole lot smoother. Factor that in if it is important.

Matt

99 V-10 Super Duty, Super Cab 4x4
Reply to
Matt Mead

I don't know jack about the Tundra, especially concerning power, so keep that in mind....

If your main concern is ecomomy, such as if you're commuting with the truck, the Toyota might be the better choice. There's no doubt they are good trucks, they last and they get, relatively speaking, fairly good milage.

If you're going to need the power, it's unlikely you're going get by with the Toyota. Even if you only need it once in a while, nothing else will cut it when you do.

I don't drive the truck much but when I do, I need the capacity, I need the power and I need the 4x4. I sold my cute little Toyota SR-5/V6 4x4 and got a 98 F-250 5.4L/4x4. I have never regretted it for a second. Cheers, jc

Reply to
jc

They are two completely different vehicles...If the Tundra suits your needs, that's what you should purchase.

If you have a need for a very heavy duty pickup (which the Tundra *is not*) then get the F250.

I can tell you one thing, the Toyota will hold its value much better. I have a few friends that own Tundras and all claim that the engine is terrific

BTW, just this week I saw a Tundra in a campground that was towing a 28' 5th wheel camper with a 12' enclosed utility trailer behind that. In the utility trailer were two medium sized motorcycles. It was one hell of a lot more that I would have asked of any 1/2 ton pickup. The towed trailer combination had to be over 10,000 pounds.

Reply to
Lance LaFrinier