240D A/C Blower Fan

I have a 1983 240D. Sporadically, when I turn off the engine and restart later, the fuse will blow on the fan. I have replaced the fuse several times. Today, the the blower won't work at all. I think I may have blown the fan motor -- what would have caused the fuse to keep burning out? Any simple fixes or is that what got me in this problem in the first place?!

I live in Miami so will need to get fixed as soon as finances allow. Otherwise the car is awesome! Thanks for your response.

Reply to
Mark240D

You need to get that blower changed.

Reply to
Tiger

Any idea what that may cost???

Reply to
Mark240D

I checked new motors... OUCH!!! Whoo... too much. But I got an alternative for you... check this out.

Tiger

Thanks Tiger! Already bid on it. Have you had any experience replacing blower motor? According to the site you directed me to, it looks fairly easy...

Thanks again for your responses! They have really helped.

Mark

Reply to
Mark240D

It is fairly easy... unlike the W124 or W201... which are a pain.

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks for answering my questions and directing me to the ebay auction for the blower fan. I got it for $19.99. You saved me hundreds of dollars!! The A/C is working great now!

Reply to
Mark240D