2000 LS2 Blower

My A/C Heater blower started working intermittently. Only the first 3 fan speeds now work. When it works the first 3 speeds work well. I was told it might be the resistor card so I just completed putting a new one in and the same problem exist. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Robert.

Reply to
Robert F. Smith

Has the dash switch itself gone bad? I assume that you have checked the fuses as well. We had a similar problem on our SL2, it was a faulty dash switch.

Reply to
marx404

The fuses are fine. When this first happened the a/c/ was on max and working fine. When the car was restarted in this state a few minutes later, no blower. It makes me wonder if it is the switch but I am not sure how to get the switch out yet to look at it.

Reply to
Robert F. Smith

I had a fault in the blower motor that caused a high current. The fuse did not blow but the heat caused damage to the fan speed switch and intermittent operation. Also burned a couple of connections in the harness behind the radio ('01Lw300). The harness wasn't anything that had to be disconnected so I cut the wires out of the harness one at a time and soldered them together directly. Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

Thanks Oppie. I took the switch out and by disconnecting and reconnecting the wires I could make the blower work except for speed 4. I will replace the switch. I assume it is the whole component that is replaced and not an internal swithc. Thanks for your help. Robert.

Reply to
Robert F. Smith

I was a bit bummed out to have to buy a entire hvac panel when all I needed was the fan switch - somewhere about $150 as I recall :-( To make matters worse, the new panel tried to put the A/C on when the mode switch was in floor heat position. I was going to troubleshoot it and never got arround to it. I did the repair in the summer when floor heat was not needed and didn't realize the problem for several months - too late to get an exchange...

Reply to
Oppie