300D engine heater

Well, now that we're freezing our ______ off here in the Northeast, the plug-in AC engine heater on my 300D is performing a minor miracle. The little dear starts like it's mid summer when it's zero! But as my owners manual is in German, I don't know anything about it, really. Does it heat the oilpan, the radiator? Any drawbacks to using it? Does it have a thermostat? Anybody know a way to run it off a portable power supply? I don't have an extension cord long enough to get to work! Thanks in advance for any useful knowledge......

Waiting for spring,

Barye

Reply to
Barye Phillips

Some folks call 'em "block heaters" since that's basically what they do

- turn the engine block into a heater. The element is screwed into the block, which I suppose gets to the coolant first before radiating to the crankcase.

The drawbacks to us>Well, now that we're freezing our ______ off here in the

Reply to
terry solomonson