300sd coolant problems

I recently bought an 84 300sd. While replacing an old battery, I busted a small hose that caused the leaking of radiator fluid. I noticed further down the hose that the connection was also broken, and there was a lot of rust under the battery (I assume the line had been leaking a little for some time).

I thought at first that this was the auxiliary water pump that has been mentioned on this board, but I'm not so sure. I does seem to pupm, but there are three large hoses that go in/out and one smaller hose (which broke off). It seems like too fragile of a plastic part to glue back on, but I'm sure a replacement would cost quite a bit. Any ideas?

Reply to
Brian

If it is next to the battery in between the two firewalls... you are tallking about heater core or the monovalve for the heater... but neither of these item is plastic.

Reply to
Tiger

YOU CAN FIND THIS VALVE AT ANY SALVAGE YARD AND EVEN ORDER IT NEW EVEN.. IT IS NOT THAT EXPENSIVE.IT IS RATHER TRICKY TO GET THE GROMMET AROUND THE HOSES. ALSO IF IT WAS A REAL SMALL HOSE OBSERVE AND LOOK TO SEE IF GOES TO WINDSHIELD HEATER.

Reply to
RICKY HIGDON

thanks for the responses, guys. i'm back from vacation to fix the problem, if i can. the mono valve (heater control valve in the haynes manual) has the broken part. i saw one for $165-- any other places i could look?

also, the part that was broken inside the firewall has a smaller hose going into it and a spring-controlled valve that i assume opens and closes. i can't find a picture that matches this part. i haven't seen a "windshield heater" yet, but i'll keep looking.

Reply to
Brian