300sd suspension rattle

I am diagnosing a susp rattle [1984 sd300] I think it is the left front bearing bracket [fore and aft play] Is there a repair kit for these or do I have to pay Merc the $700 can for a whole new bracket. Any help is appreciated!

Reply to
g weiss

Did you check your upper control arm ball joint? Put your hand on the ball joint and push the car down and up... if you feel the play, then it is bad.

Reply to
Tiger

i checked the ball joint and I think it's ok. The bearing bracket is loose, it allows the whole assy to rotate when the torque from braking is applied... I was hoping to find a fix [other than the $$ parts from Merc] Thanks....

Reply to
g weiss