a little rattle...

Hi all, I have a 97 f150 v6. I am hearing a rattle (not REAL loud) when I first startup in the morning, after I drive about 15 minutes or so it seems to go away. Is this just a "colder weather thing"? The noise seems to be at the front (radiator side) of the engine. Any hints appreciated.

Brian

Reply to
Brian

Brian wrote in news:j5reb.85125$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.neo.rr.com:

Anyone?

Reply to
Brian

Which accessories are on that side? Take off the belt and start the engine to determine if the noise is coming from the accessory drive.

Depending on the tone, you may be experiencing a little piston slap. Quite often this is not harmful but definately get it fixed if you are under warranty. My truck started doing this a 20K and now its got 200K. The noise hasn't got any worse and the engine doesn't use any oil.

Reply to
gil