300SL 24v Reversing Problem

Can anyone assist with this intermittent problem please? Randomly, when I park the car up the reverse gear fails to work. This occurs when the car ignition is still running, or switched off. However, when left for 5 minutes or so the condition goes away and the reverse gear works fine !!! Then the problem won't re-occur for ages. Many thanks in advance. Derek

Reply to
Derek

I would check tranny fluid level first. I am assuming you got an automatic tranny. If tranny fluid level is good, then I'd change the fluid and filter and then see what happens. Chances are, you haven't changed the fluid yet.

Reply to
Tiger