82 300D Turbo glow plugs?

I recently had all the bulbs replaced in my dash. I don't know if its related, but now my engine turns over but won't start. I noticed my glow plug dashboard light doesn't light when I turn the key to the second stop when I turn the key. Is the glow plug failure and the bulb replacement related? A fuse?

I believe the glow plugs in this model are in parallel, so the problem would seem to be electrical and not with the glowplugs.

Any guesses?

Reply to
Clarkson

You might want to take a look at the following link. It has the index and the associated PDF's for working on 79-85 or so 123's.

15 - Electrical system engine (ignition system, preheating system, starter, alternator) a.. 705 Operation of preglow system b.. 708 Installation preglow time relay with modified ventilation c.. 710 Checking preglow system

Bill

Reply to
Bill Pelka

Try checking the glow plug relay fuse. It's a little black box mounted on the inside driverside fenderwell...just pop off the plastic cover and you'll see the fuse. I just had to replace the one on my '81 300TD after changing the glow plugs.

Reply to
Gary

Try checking the grounds. i had a similar problem and some mechanics wanted to change anywhere from the ignition switch, starter, alternator, and what have you. then a more experienced mechanic simply cleaned the contacts on the main ground and it's always started since.

Reply to
BanWarNow

Reply to
Clarkson