88-420 SEL Trans Fluid Type and drivers door latch problem

I have just purchased a 420 SEL that is slightly low on transmission fluid and the vehicle did not come with an owners manual....lots of reciepts but no manual....I looked on the dip stick for xmission oil and did not see a type stamped on it ...can someone help. I would also like to find both the owners and repair manuals for this 88 420 SEL if someone could help out there as well. I am having trouble with the drives side door latch not wanting to catch and allow the door to fully latch, is there an adjustment to this latch or does it just need lythium or silicon grease on the moving parts.....If you shut it hard it will latch ok......the car shows no signs of side damage and only has 143000 miles on it.....looks like new and drives very nice. When would be a good time to look into a Timing Chain job for this engine and approx. what is the cost of just the chain from MB or are there other distributors for the TC.

Thanks for any advise or help about the 420 SEL Tim

Reply to
mercmerc

transmission fluid...did not see a type stamped on it ...driver's side door latch not wanting to catch and allow the door to fully latch

Reply to
Bill Ditmire

Engine and transmission oil levels should be BETWEEN the marks, when hot.

Door's striker can be adjusted or repositioned.

Timing chain - ought to be checked after 100K - 120K miles - this one is overdue.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach