90 560 sel... tool kit/child restraints

hiya, me again. I imagine I'll be asking questions for a while yet, so here's the latest two

  1. Tools did not come with my car. Any suggestions where to buy them?

  1. The Owners Manual mentions that the car is equipped with tether anchorages for child seats with a top strap. My son's seat has a top strap, but I have not had luck locating the anchorage. Any help is appriciated, thanks

Aaron

90 560 SEL waiting to go into the shop and have it's fuel delivery problems diagnosed. (covering spark plugs with soot within 300 miles of installation)
Reply to
Aaron

I don't think they're expsneive new. But nay scrayyard that has 126s has lots of them. Look at car-part.com to find places like that.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Reference to your previous post, the screw under the air cleaner is NOT the idle speed adjustment. It is the mixture adjustment. This can be set either with an O2 sensor or with the carb cleaner method from Tiger:

"Briefly squirt a bit of carb cleaner into the air intake and listen to the engine.

  1. If the engine seem to stumble a bit, then it is too rich.
  2. If the engine seem to revs up a bit, then it is too lean.
  3. If the engine show no change, then it is perfect! It is the sublety you are listening to... so pay close attention of what your engine is saying to you. Viola!"

Yes, this really works. Clockwise richens it, ccw leans it. If the engine stalls, you squirted too much. Watch for fire hazards while working on fuel systems. You really want to get onto e-bay and get a service manual for this beast. Its also a good place to find tools. Find a cheap online source of parts (lots of suggestions on this ng). The idle speed problem is probably the control unit. Welcome to the wonderful world of MB.

Mike '82 380 Sl 163K, '81 380 SL 125K

Reply to
M. Davis

They are expensive new and they aren't even good. Richard

Reply to
marlinspike

I was about to say that this won't work if you have a vacuum leak or a messed up mass airflow sensor (i had a situation where to get it the engine running smooth I had to set it very rich), but I decided to check it first and this in fact works (i.e. according to this method I had to set my mixture leaner). While I was there with carb cleaner I decided to look for vacuum leaks. Found one on the cyl. 1 fuel injector seal. I sprayed again to double check, this time the engine smoothed out and stayed smooth. I wonder if maybe a bit of something was in the seal and the carb cleaner cleaned it away? Richard

Reply to
marlinspike

I agree, make your own tool kit....

Marty