94 C280 A/C servo problem?

My 94 C280 has the same problem. My mechanic said it could be the servo but there is a lot of work to rip out the center console wood panel to replace it. Or, it could be the control unit. To his point of view, it would cost the same to replace either one. I'd like to see if I can replace the servo myself. Any suggestion on how to remove the panel and where would the servo be after the panel is removed? Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to spend the kind of of money that my mechanic suggested if I have to take my car to him.

Thank you.

David

"Karl" |b?l¢Do news:v1A3b.2353$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com ?????g...

Vacuum leak. > > Your 91 does not have a servo..... > > > > Here's the rub.. 1991 W126 body, today with the a/c on I could only get > > outlet from the window vents, no forced airflow from the dash. Tried turning > > off and on all airflow controls, and same result. Could this be a vacuum > > leak or has the servo died? > > > > > >
Reply to
David Kwan