'97 climate codes, anyone?

Anyone here have (or a link to) the climate codes from the 97 E320? I found some for the 2000, but am having AC issues and would like to figure out what's going on before taking it anywhere.

TIA,

Collin

Reply to
Cheesehead

Hi,

01 - in car temperature sensor 02 - outside temp sensor 03 - heater core temp sensor left 04 - heater core temp sensor right 05 - evaporator temp sensor 06 - ECT sensor (DFI/IFI) 07 - refrigerant pressure (displayed in bar) 08 - refrigerant emp sensor (displayed in degrees F) 09 - not used 10 - blower control voltage (08 to 60 - corresponding to 0.8V to 6.0V) 11 - emissions sensor (in volts) 12 - sun sensor (in volts) 20 - control current for aux fan (in milli-amps) 21 - engine speed (00-99 - x100 = rpm) 22 - vehicle speed km/h 23 - voltage at terminal 58 (indicating % of battery voltage - ie. 99 = 99%) 24 - actual battery voltage 40 - software status 41 - hardware status

Cheesehead wrote:

Reply to
Shawn

Thank you.

Collin KC8TKA

Reply to
Cheesehead

Reply to
Shawn

Reply to
high falls doc

Tell me about "Alldata". I'm not familiar with these folks.

Reply to
Cheesehead

They provide the CD/DVD's to all non-dealer shops. It's the complete repair manuals, diagrams (crappy low-res, but there none-the-less), part prices, technical bulletins etc. My non-dealer uses them - he basically gets a bunch of DVD's by paying many $$ a year and they cover all manuals for all cars.

I got a web subscription for them when I first bought my car used - it was about $23 a year. I've since found the complete set of CD's downloadable via bit-torrent.

Another good W210 resource is this guy's site in Brazil

The site is up and down like a yo-yo (currently down) but when it's up he's got a CD ISO-image that you can download and burn for the W210 that has owner's manuals, diagrams and even videos (in english) of guys taking door panels off, removing trim, doing all sorts of repair work.

Cheesehead wrote:

Reply to
Shawn