NP249 Chain

Anyone got a good link (or pics) of the chain replacement in a '95 GCL NP249 transfer case chain replacement?

Having to replace the viscous coupler and figured I would replace the chain while I was in there...( I found the articles on the net for the VC replacement, but nothing for the chain R/R ).

TIA T

Reply to
TM

Not sure if this applies to the 249, but on the 231 the main shaft is the output shaft for the rear. You just pull the main shaft, front outputshaft and chain as one piece and I would guess just swap the chains. You could check with Tom Wood

He doesn't deal in chains specifically, but SYE's and custom driveshafts. He'll probably be able to help you out with any 249 questions you may have.

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Write-up with pictures.

billy ray

TM proclaimed:

If you ain't in a hurry, the factory service manual shows how to pull the chain, then install and align the pieces. Bummer, but don't have a flatbed scanner to copy the pages.

Reply to
Lon

Thanks guys!.....

(wish I had the FSM...how much are they?)

TM

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

One thing more....... You will need a really god pair of snap-ring pliers.

This is a requirement, the Harbor Freight ones just won't do...

Reply to
billy ray

TM proclaimed:

Cost? Less than a typical visit to a shop.

PN 81-370-5147 on dead trees $59.00 PN 81-370-5147CD on CD $90

Think of it as an investment in keeping your ZJ running.

Reply to
Lon

Kill a tree, an innocent tree?

Hasn't the Druid Defense League put a stop to this?

AlGore is surely a supporter to this ban..... in his 1992 book "Earth in the Balance" he said it was preferable that women die a horribly painful death from a curable cancer than cut down a single living tree.

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III