A Very Tall Driver and R230 SL600

Now, I've driven the new R230 SL600 earlier to-day. It took about 10 minutes to find the right seating position to fit my 6'8" physique with enough head and leg rooms. I'm so happy I could fit in the SL600! What a pleasure to drive the car with 500-horsepower V12 motor. So smooth and so amazing with all of power delivery!

In the past, I had always wanted the SL, but the interior dimension of both R107 and R129 were so Lilliputian with former worse than latter.

I will definitely get one with Keyless Go as I need not to worry about bashing my knee against the key.

Oliver

PS I saw the Maybach 57, too. A car with rather gargantuan presence!

Reply to
Ennui Society

Hey, that's the small one. Have a look at the 62.

Richard Sexton

Ennui Society haute in die Tasten:

Sat in the rear of an Maybach 63 lately. Was not very impressed by the amount of space available for a really big person like me. IMHO the mercedes with the most space for the driver is the W140

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

I'm also 6ft 8 ins and my 500SE (1990, W126) is a pretty good size for me, although there is still only about 1-2 inches headroom left! I believe it was possible to specify a lowered seat height for these cars, maybe it's still the case for newer models?

Al Bolton, G4VSQ

1990 Mercedes 500SE 130,000 miles
Reply to
Al Bolton

No two are the same. If you want to buy one you simply say "make it fit me" and they do.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Buy the really old ones. In almost *all* mercedeses, the driver seat goes way down, and especially to the side to the door. that's the worst part of mercedes old cars.

Reply to
BanWarNow

I found a trick in lowering the seat further. The seat has upper portion that moves forward to support your thighs. That's when I gained 2 more inches of headroom in R230.

I could NEVER fit R107 and R129 at all!

The funny thing is that the seat in all C-Class (W201, W202, and W203) goes all way to the back so much that I could not reach the steering wheel! That is a first for me.

My understand> I'm also 6ft 8 ins and my 500SE (1990, W126) is a pretty good size for me,

Reply to
Ennui Society