All those with higher engine temp reading.

Hi Guys/Gals, I just want to let you all know... for those of us who has higher than normal engine temperature reading... check your radiator hose when hot... try to quickly squeeze it. You should not be able to do so as it is under pressure.

However, if you can squeeze it as in no pressure, then your radiator cap is bad.

For those of us who still can't squeeze it, if you never changed it before, now is time to do so. My temp was reading kinda high... and I found out that my cooling system doesn't pressurize up... so I changed the radiator cap and now the car reading is back to normal. I think the gauge is reading the hot gas rather than liquid which would give you higher temp reading.

Reply to
Tiger