Anyone got a picture of what the fuel pump cutoff switch looks like in CIS airflow meter?

The switch has gone on my air-flow meter. Mercedes say its big money for a whole new airflow meter. Can I change the switch?. Has anyone a photo of what its like inside there?. All the shots I see are top view photos.

Cheers........ Rob.

Reply to
Rob. Smith

Rob, what year model is it?

goto

and click on the electrinic parts catalog. and look for it under the catogories....they got picts of all the parts. good luck buddy!!

Lushan

85 500SEL

Reply to
Lushan

Thanks.

Its a 77 model, but there's a whole heap of models, well into the 80s with this type of injection.

Looked on that web site. No pics that I can see of what I want. Hopefully will get a 2nd hand meter tomorrow.

Cheers.... Rob.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Lushan) wrote:

Reply to
Rob. Smith

Rob, You didn't say what car you have. I have a 1997 E320 and my Air Flow Meter - referred to as the Air Mass Meter - same part? - began to go out.

The symptoms were 1) the check engine light would come on when the car started, and 2) if I tried to accelerate hard the car would hesitate.

Symptom 1 could signify that the gas cap was on on tight or sealing properly - I bought a new one - the light stayed on. Symptom 2 got progressively worse until it didn't take much pressure on the gas pedal to almost stall the car.

The Air Mass Meter is located between the air intake and the air filter housing. It is a five minute replacement. You simply take the part loose and unplug the cord, replace the unit and plug the new one in. Both symptoms immediately disappeared when I started the car. The bad news is that MBZ wanted just over $300. I bought mine at Euromeister in Castro Valley, CA and paid about $180 for it - the same MBZ part.

Good luck, Rob

Rob. Smith wrote:

Reply to
Kennith.Hensley