Monty after examination in the light!

THE GOOD BITS.

Chassis - Solid with no rust as I can see, bit of surface here & there but no rot.

Drivetrain - No knocks or clunks

Gearbox - Seems OK in all gears, no grabbing or funny noises

Engine looks ok on the rockers etc, no sludge, browny haze, but no sludge.

No engine smoke

Headlining is mint, like new

Loads of new parts like distributor etc.

Wheels & tyres are OK for year, not mint but good enough for me!

Bodywork is OK with no rust to speak of (that I can see!)

Brand new decent stereo with all round Kenwood speakers

He has actually done what he says too. All the bits he has done are done & done right.

The new aluminium tailgate is superb, bottom one in good condition.

Paintwork in OK condition, needs a bit, but hardly worth the bother for off-roading!

All the electrics seem to work OK (apart from the head & tail lights!!!)

Air con works a treat

THE BAD BITS

The interior trim is pretty shit, but they all are! Seat are OK, but door cards & cubby box lid are a bit shabby.

The gaiter round the auto gear lever is ripped apart after getting stuck!

Steering wheel is losing the leather (but can be fixed with super glue!)

Seats could do with a clean

Drivers seat seems too low compared to the passengers????

Carpets & mats are filthy.

Needs a bloody good cleanup inside & a good under body clean & some kind of sealant???

Parcel shelf is shagged.

Boot floor is very dirty

Steering has a slight vagueness, probably the damper as its covered in shit & oil

A couple of minor oil leaks underneath (well they look minor!) One from the transfer box, one looks to be near the sump

The missing every 10 seconds, this is THE reason he chucked so much money at it I reckon & it stumped him. How do it test the mass air flow meter? Anyone know how to test the fuel pumps etc?

Saggy springs, hardly the end of the world at £12 each for Police spec ones!

Dampers feel a tad tired but will prob pass MOT.

The colour! It's boggin' But will coved in mud soon so no worries there!

Exhaust blowing possibly from the manifolds or downpipes.

Plenty bulbs out on interior stuff so cant see the bleedin' switches!

A few quid in a decent scrapyard will sort the crap trim out I reckon.

-----

Has anyone got any suggestions of a way of tackling these jobs in a good sequence??

My own thoughts are MOT first, then suck it & see?

If anyone has any ideas about any of the problems, please help me!!!

Cheers

Nige

Reply to
Nige